CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

50 minutes of words that changed my life.

October 9th, 2005. Minneapolis, MN. Sunday morning. Convention center.

A few months after my eyes had been opened to recognize my sinfulness, and desire Jesus as my savior... I listened to these words... which caused me to recognize the "goal of creation"...or why we, or anything else exists.

VIDEO: The Suffering of Christ and the Sovereignty of God


From eternity past God had a plan. That Jesus Christ, the Lamb, would be slaughtered to ransom the Church: His "bride"...to display the greatness of the glory of the grace of God.

After asking myself, "what is my purpose"?

I heard a resounding answer coming from the Bible...

"Even as he chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved...so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory." (See first Chapter of Ephesians)

So why do we exist? "We exist to glorify God by enjoying Him forever."

0 comments: