CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"thank you Lord for the twenties on the Escalade"

The love He gave us
Thank You for the bills paid
Thank you for the twenties
On the Escalade
Lord I thank you for your Holy Word
Even when I'm ballin'
I can still tell the world what's up
Look how you died for me
Forgave me my sins
And your Blood has set me free
Oh Lord, I will do anything for you

I was listening to random songs on my computer, and unfortunately heard these lyrics... from a CD called, "Soul Vibe." I don't know where I got it, or when, but I laughed out loud when I heard the lyrics.

Essentially, the singer is thanking God for his bills paid, the twenties on the Esclade, and oh yeah... Jesus' blood.

From there he promises God he will "do anything" for the Lord.
What if your bills don't get paid?
What about the rust on those 20s on the Escalade?

Trip Lee says it better:
You might want you some change, yeah you might want a crib
But tell me where the Bible say that Jesus want us rich
It say we should be content if we got food and clothing
That's the truth and we trippin' really being foolish homie
We shouldn't put no value on fallin' screens and stylish chrome
Even if you say that stuff can't go with you when you back at home
Allow me to encourage you, if you agree the Word is true
You can only serve one Master some of us is serving two
Can't serve God and cash, can't love the world and Christ
Put money out ya mind, focus on eternal life

The Bible says it best:
Matthew 16:24-25
24Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTc_FoELt8s

1 comments:

ZB said...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TE7NBG/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk2

If you wanted the details on how to find that song. It's a pretty hilarious album in general, going a little bit too far in trying to be "hip" that, as you point out, it seems to lose or weaken some of its supposedly Christian themes.