CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

5 Reasons Why I am Anti-morals

5. One mistake or wrong doing discredits any "goodness" I have or do

4. Morals produce proud people... the sin that got Satan kicked out of heaven

3. I have not the capacity to be good when even my thoughts are evil
Matthew 5:21-26

2. The prodigal son stole money, had prostitutes, and ran away... he wanted his dad's money to serve his own desires; but he didn't want his dad.

1. The prodigal's brother stayed home, and obeyed his dad. Worked hard and did it all "right." Yet was ticked off when his brother came home and dad threw the biggest party.

This is me. Wanting the father's gifts by trying to earn his favor by doing all the right things...
but not wanting the father.

The point Jesus makes in this story is that it is not about what we do that makes us worthy of the Father's love.

The REASON why we do either bad or "good" is what separates us from the Father.

I don't want God; I want his benefits.

But Jesus, came to shatter morality by fulfilling the law with joy and perfection on our behalf.

So that, through Christ, I may experience grace: blood that washed away my morality.

Rid me of this appearance of goodness, Lord I ask... I hate it. I deserve your wrath, and yet you sent Jesus to die for the Church that I might know you, your love, the power of your resurrection... and be compelled to ENJOY YOU.

God is better than morality.

Christianity is not morality.

Jesus is not merely my example of perfection to conform to. IMPOSSIBLE.
He is my SAVIOUR.

Remember, the Bible is the book that says even our righteous deeds are like dirty rags when offered to God... original language... literally meaning: dirty tampons.

Isaiah 64:4
We have all become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I think you may mean you are anti-works. A person without morality is a person without structure. Christianity is not morals, but Christianity--indeed, Jesus Christ Himself--defines my morals, which are the structure by which I understand what is right and wrong. Without morals, you are lost to the whims of societal relativism.

I believe the older brother wanted his father desperately, but did not think he mattered in the evidence of his father's longing for the younger son. The older son is a prodigal, too--the prodigal brother. He has to make his own journey home.

Sue Thompson, author of *The Prodigal Brother: Making Peace with Your Parents, Your Past, and the Wayward One in Your Family*

-Indigo Jazz said...

Sara,

Thanks for sharing this. :)

Some GREAT words!

(I also like what Susan said).

Peace and Love friends!

~Jasmine