CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 20, 2009

Imperfection: Part واحد

واحد means "one". Part I.

Tim Keller once said, "Christianity is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints."

This is a fair comment on the "sickness" and "disease" I so clearly perceive in myself every day. A peculiar hospital it is... for indeed, Christ has made me well! "For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified" Hebrews 10:14

Yet my sickness is ever with me. If holiness is to be pursued and grown in, why is it that my sin is ever-more apparent to me?

What is more, He has declared me to be a Saint. So what does Keller mean? Why not display the saints for one to admire? Because the saint-hood of anyone is not their doing. The glory is not in sainthood, but in the One who exchanged His holiness, perfection, and spotlessness for our depravity which enables us to do nothing but sin.

This is the glory that reigns and will be at center-stage for eternity: the glory of the grace of the Lamb who was slain.

Two reasons we don't need this museum:

  1. Saints still sin
  2. The glory of sainthood is merely a reflection of Christ's glorious grace

The reason Jesus doesn't need a museum:
  • Museums are for dead people; Jesus is alive.

0 comments: