CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

prepositions matter, and this is why I like them:

Why are words so powerful? phrases, clauses, syntax, semantics... dictate the meaning of a pieced together set of words.

In particular, I have a keen interest in the preposition. Not through the preposition, or on the preposition, or in between the preposition--but IN the preposition. It amazes me that one word can create a sentence that has never before been written nor said. One word can bring you joy or stir up hate.

Even God is particular with his prepositions...because they make all the difference:

Colossians 1:13-14 (English Standard Version)
He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Praise God that I have been saved FROM His wrath TOWARDS my sin. IN Christ, He accomplished atonement. He appeased God's anger towards my sin THROUGH Jesus Christ who was slain on my behalf. And anyone who believes in Him, will not perish, but have eternal life.

Read John 1. The WORD became flesh.

0 comments: