CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

He will save the needy from death

I have been made so aware of my pride. The very "sin that got Satan kicked out of heaven," Mark Driscoll likes to put it. What an awful thing, to think of myself as greater or more glorious than God. To look at accomplishments, physical attributes, or dispositions and truly count myself as better. What a slave I've been to my own glory.

But God is faithful, and has humbled me by revealing the reality of myself to me. His Word is like a mirror that reveals my depravity for what it truly is: awful and utterly sinful. My allegiance to myself is unsatisfying. God is good to show me my helplessness. To show me that without His Word and Spirit, I can indeed do nothing but sin. Jesus Christ is a savior, and offers grace to anyone. Won't you come and enjoy the salvation He gives from Sin and self?


He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death.
— Psalm 72:13

0 comments: